Yoga leg warmers knitting pattern

13 Sep

So these are not strictly yoga leg warmers, but this is a yoga blog, and I’m going to wear them for doing yoga in the winter. So these are my yoga leg warmers pattern, go ahead and make yourself a pair. Yoga and knitting go well together, knitting can be quite meditative if you let it be, all you have to do is give it your full attention, try not to multi-task and enjoy the process rather than aim for the end result… and there you have yourself a mind calming activity to combat stress. To top it all, these leg warmers are super easy and knit up quickly. The Patons Cotton Twist yarn I used comes in some delicious colour combinations, and I just couldn’t resist the colours, they also do this yarn in blue and white, a sort of blue sky and clouds look. Even better, it’s not an expensive snobby yarn, at about £2 for a skein, you can have yourself a pair of leg warmers for £4. Bargain!

You can find the yarn online here:

PurpleLinda Crafts (£1.95 for a skein)

Materials

• 2 skeins Cotton Twist Aran (I used Coral/Mango mix 87)
  • 1 pair 5 mm needles

Gauge

Stockinette:  18 stitches x 26 rows = 10 x 10 cm square

Directions

Cast on 46 stitches using the thumb method, for those who like their knitting to look super tidy, use a 2×2 rib cast on as shown here.

Row 1: (k2, p2) repeat, ending with a k2

Row 2: (p2, K2) repeat, ending with a p2

Continue these two rows until you have used up most of one skein of yarn, but leaving enough of a tail to cast off with. Cast off using the ‘Binding off in Pattern’ method that you can find here. Leave a long tail and use the tail to sew the long side edges together using a matress stitch.

Repeat for the second leg warmer, making sure you knit the same amount of rows so that the two leg warmers are of equal length.

Do send me pictures if you knit yourself a pair, maybe even use them as boot toppers! Oooh.

Now Banjo might be a dog with shoes (he has painful and untreatable corns on his feet making it painful to walk on hard surfaces), but no, I draw the line at knitting a pair of leg warmers for a dog, poor thing already gets laughed at for wearing his shoes.

Have fun!

With love,

Hanri & Banjo

xx

PS: I have a special guest blogger post tomorrow featuring some fab wheat free recipes from my yoga friend Kel who lives on the Isle of Man, Kel is an amazing cook and baker, so do come back tomorrow morning.

Pin It

var hupso_twitter_via="yogahound";var hupso_title_t="Yoga leg warmers knitting pattern";
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

14 Responses to “Yoga leg warmers knitting pattern”

1. Pauline September 13, 2011 at 10:27 pm #

I will definitely make these for my winter yoga practice.

• yogahound September 14, 2011 at 8:16 am #

Wonderful! Thank you for leaving a comment and do send a photo when you’ve made yours :)

• Clare May 16, 2012 at 9:57 am #

I adapted this pattern for my dancing and they are so great, so warm.

• yogahound May 18, 2012 at 5:42 pm #

Hi Clare, thank you for letting me know about your leg warmers. I’m glad they turned out well. x

2. Megan October 5, 2011 at 8:07 am #

I’m planning on making them, too. ~If~ I actually finish them I’ll send you picture as well. Thank you for the post (:

3. Ammy October 5, 2011 at 9:20 pm #

Got myself knitting needles and wool and started on the leg warmers this evening! An hour later and I’m still at square one! Haa,haa Knitting is clearly not my strong point! I’m too much of a perfectionist and keep undoing it and restarting! Then the blinking wool snapped cause it was so worn from me undoing and redoing it! Haa,haa Will start on it again tomorrow! I’ll post photos on when it’s done but by the looks of things, it might only be in the New Year and it won’t look like leg warmers but possibly a scarf! Hee,hee

4. Elise April 24, 2012 at 2:54 pm #

Just wondering what ply of wool this is? Can’t wait to make these!! It’s so hard to find leg warmers these days…

5. Bella June 11, 2012 at 4:20 am #

Very cute, love these! Found you on Craftgawker :)

6. Anthony Davy November 16, 2012 at 2:50 am #

Thank you very much for for this pattern, the legwarmers look great and I can’t wait until they are finished. Thank you for posting a great pattern with enough detailed instruction for a beginner to follow. The photos to are wonderful to see the finished product from different angles.

7. Calli May 6, 2013 at 8:49 pm #

I made these for my sister-in-law who told me she love this yarn! She recently started doing yoga and will just love them! Thanks for the pattern and the idea! I’m sorry I didn’t figure out how to send a pic

8. www.mercedeschloe.com May 24, 2013 at 11:05 pm #

Hey there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few
    of the images aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its
    a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. Free Knitted Leg Warmer Patterns Keep Your Legs Toasty in Winter | Spinning Alpaca Yarns - January 27, 2012

[...] pattern, and the one I’m going to make for my yoga retreat come from a UK blog called YogaHound. All you need is 2 skeins of  skeins Cotton Twist  Aran to knit them and they are done in [...]

2. Leg Warmers – FAME STYLE « Running In A Jumper - April 15, 2012

[...] clothes. Still warming up for yoga and stretches in leg warmers. I was inspired to make these from Yogahound, although her pattern is the right kind of slouchy at the ankle and mine are a little bit too [...]